Friday, May 23, 2008

In Awe of God's Provision

I find myself overwhelmed when I consider how God has provided for me. He has provided for me in many ways, and I am thankful for them all, but today I am truly in awe of the wife that He has given me. A spouse is someone that is so easily taken for granted, much to the shame of us all. I have been blessed with a woman that has seen me through some of the darkest hours of my life, but has been with me in triumph as well. She fills in my blank spots in more ways than I could communicate to anyone.

Tonight we are going to a wedding. One of the young men that was in my youth group many years ago is getting married to the woman that God has picked for him. It absolutely blows me away when I think about how God brings a man and a woman together like two puzzle pieces that fit together exactly to complete a masterpiece that only God could create. I pray that my friend will never forget the gift that is being given to him today by God, and that their marriage will grow stronger every day, through the hard times and the easy times, I know that mine has.

I thank you God for my wife, and all that she brings to my life. I pray that you will bless the marriage of our friend, as you have blessed ours.

-cw

No comments: