Thursday, May 29, 2008

What do you say about Christ?

I was reading today and it smacked me in the face that we tell people who Christ is everyday. I think we think we do this with our mouths but I have to very respectfully disagree. People are looking at everything that comes out of our lives in our actions. When we say we know Christ.

I will go further and say if our life is unloving and judgemental or even a life with rules to follow to get to heaven. People will not be drawn to Christ! They are already failing now at life with those things in it. If we could work our way to heaven then Christ would have had nothing to die for! As Christians we need to live like we know Christ is the only way to heaven. We need make sure all the things we do are not to get points in heaven but they are driven by God. He loves us all the way, all the time and all the same.

I have been continually challenged to live this way. I am convinced this will draw people to Christ. This represents Christ in us not religion at work. People want the real thing. I have found the painful truth is I like to do it my way and I like things done fast. This walk with Christ is a process and it is done His way. The biggest reason I believe we should want to live with Christ in us, without religion is religion leads people astray and Christ draws people to the truth.

No comments: